We believe that salvation is not based on what we do, but on our belief in Jesus Christ
At Zion Baptist Church of Ambler, the Bible is our foundation. We teach about who God is, why He created us, why we need Jesus, what happens when we die, and the role of the church, all based on the Bible.
statement of faith
We shall, individually and collectively, be guided by the Holy Spirit to be doers of the Word of God. To be examples to others in how to love and be of service to others. By preaching and teaching to others, to be disciples to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Humbling ourselves to be examples to others by turning our cares over to our Lord and shall follow His direction. Giving Him praise and honor for all that He instructs us to do. (James 1:22, John 15:12, Matthew 28:19-20, Peter 5:6-7,Proverbs 3:5-7, Jeremiah 29:11)
Areas of Zion
We will address briefly five areas that define us as people of God: Worship, Ministry, Christian Formation, Outreach, and Stewardship. It is our intention that this section gives further insights into Zion’s personality and challenges.
- We believe in the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus- That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved. Romans 10:9
- The bible is the Holy Word of God- 2 Timothy 3:15-16
- The Holy Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit- 1 John 5:1-12
- Jesus suffered and died on the cross for our transgressions; He is our Lord and Savior- 1 Peter 2:21-25; Acts 2:23-36
- All have sin and need a Savior- John 4:42
- Repentance – Seeing sin as God sees it and stop disobedience- Romans 12:1-2
- Strong desire to seek God’s will and study God’s word. We always want to be true to the word- 2 Timothy 2:15
- You must have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ- John 10:2-5; 15:12-17
- We believe in the two ordinances of the Church-Baptism and Lord’s Supper- Matthew 28:19, Luke 22:14-20
- We are saved by the grace of God and not by any works of our own- Ephesians 2:8-9
- We believe that Jesus was both fully God and fully man- Philippians 2:6-11
- We believe that true disciples of Christ live and think according to Philippians 2:1-5
- We believe that God wants us to tithe to the Church- Malachi 3:8-11
HAVE A PRAYER REQUEST?
You got questions! We got answers! We care about the questions that you might have. Fill out the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. If you prefer another method of communication, that’s listed below as well. We’ll talk to you soon!
14 North Street Ambler, PA 19002